Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hi. I'm new here.

Have you ever noticed how many inaugural blogs begin with something like "I never thought I would be doing this," or "I succumbed to the peer pressure and started one of these things like every other laptop-toting, web savvy, over sharing person in the world"?


Yep. I second that emotion.

I write for a living. I spend my days for better or worse stringing words together. Some days I am terrible at it. Some days I can't wait to get an idea out. You've heard those stories of the moody, Truman Capote-like authors in a fit of writer's block throwing their 100 year old typewriters across the room (because typewriters are the tool of choice for all moody writers--I spend a fortune on typing ribbon).

I get that.

So what would any self-respecting person in my shoes do? Start a blog, of course.

As my marketing hero Seth Godin says, "Ideas are free." Which is not such a bad thing since all of your money and mine are now in our gas tanks. Please know that in this little corner of cyber world, you will get what you paid for.

So here I am. I promise not to editorialize too much. My opinions are worth about as much as it cost me to start this blog. I promise not to be a moody writer. I promise not to throw my typewriter. I won't be writing about my children, as I have not yet had the pleasure. But if any of your kids do something ridiculously hilarious while I am around, it is fair game.

And if you are choosing by some minor miracle to give me a few seconds of your time, I humbly promise not to waste it.

Feel free to stay a while...

Favorite thing today: Wimbleton

1 comments:

Rachel said...

so funny that you just started your blog cause i was thinking "i did not know amanda had a blog" ha!

 
Designed by Lena