Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ugandan gorillas and Herman the bulldog


Last night, I got a huge laugh out of this...


This is my side table in the living room and for the record, that is Shape, In Style, National Geographic (or the oober-trendy sounding NatGeo as it is now called), Southern Living and Sport Illustrated.

In the basket beside this table, is a Relevant, Free Times, Skirt, and an Ikea catalogue.

If this doesn't explain the trove of useless knowledge in my head, I'm not quite sure what will.

Did you know that Ugandan mountain gorillas are disappearing by the thousands?  Or that Michael Phelps has a bulldog named Herman?  Information that will cure all the worlds ills, no doubt.

And, ahem, let me say I do not subscribe to all of these; most of them are given to me by parents who spent the greater part of seventeen years watching me dart from one activity to another and who painfully endured hours of questions/statements like "Are we done in the grocery check-out line?  The line is too long!  He is going too slow!  That lady in front of us has too many things to buy!"

Here kid, read this.  

My parents will be nominated for sainthood on the basis of the miracle of teaching me some measure of patience.

Or maybe just fueling a unhealthy obsession with the news of the day....

Favorite thing today: I just discovered this blog.  With my lack of cable, this satisfies my need for the Food Network.  She has some sass and I love it!  Taste Testers, anyone?

1 comments:

kellybollman said...

I declare - you must keep this fav things thing up. Did you see this??? YUM. http://thepioneerwoman.com//cooking/2008/06/tomato-basil-pizza-two-ways-an-experiment/
Now I want some fresh mozzarella. Already have the handy jar of pesto in my fridge. BUT! I did create a pesto & shredded mozz "grilled cheese" today. how funny.

 
Designed by Lena