Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Moving On

See I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? Isaiah 43:19


I wish I could take you all back in time through the past two weeks of my life.  Tornadic might be the only adjective to do it justice.  But when the Spirit wind blows, lives can certainly be stirred and swirled.

I have resigned from my job at the Convention.

Two weeks ago, this was not even a possibility.

In October, I will be starting a brand new, shiny new job at NewSpring Church in Anderson (www.newspring.cc).  I will be serving the incredibly talented Ken Wilson (www.avclub.us) and his incredibly talented staff.

There are TONS of details I am intentionally leaving out of this post to spare you the length.  But I can certainly assure you that even the smallest part of this story points to God, who sees our greatest needs, who gives good and undeserved gifts to His children and who sovereignly sits on a throne that is never shaken or thwarted.  

As I mentioned here, our inheritance is secure in Christ.  Our lives are not left to chance.  We are heirs.

Oh, and just for the record, I am so excited about this new opportunity, I can hardly stand it!

P.S. - Please go to NewSpring's site and watch the Exodus sermon series (Sept. 7).  It will change your life.  I promise.

Favorite thing today: Taste Book - Now I can corral all those little recipe clippings from Southern Living.


4 comments:

KatieHD said...

Wow Amanda! Congratulations! I'm so glad Rachel's blog had yours posted. Glad you're doing well. :-)

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! I am so glad to hear that God is starting something new in your life. Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I have so many questions for you...e-mail me!
Amy W.

ken said...

Personally, I think we win on the deal. It'll be great to have you here.

 
Designed by Lena