Monday, July 7, 2008

And she watched lots of tennis

Long weekends are nice aren't they? We should do these more often. I spent the day going on and on to my boss about how wonderful long weekends are, how GREAT we all feel when we come back, and we should have every Friday off.


He's not buying it.

Here is a run down on the past few days in no particular order:

  • On Wednesday, my roommate Kim and displayed our grilling prowess for my parents and brother.
  • Took in the Columbia Blowfish game against former USC baseball players. So fun. And the USC guys still have it. They brought it! The fireworks afterwards were way fun too.
  • Finished this book and started this one and this one. All brilliant....
  • Watched the men and women Wimbleton semifinals
  • Hit a great sale at Banana Republic. Oh, I do love a good sale!
  • Had a great, great cookout with long time friends compliments of the Wengers. Andy, bless his heart, cooked an entire pig (because who doesn't love an old fashioned pig picking) and it was unbelievable...and so was Jacque's potato casserole, banana pudding, pasta salad and Texas sheet cake. I ate light.
  • And with the aforementioned amount of food consumed, I exercised a lot. And am paying for it today.
  • Watched fireworks, both manmade and God made, at Fort Jackson in the rain with the Bollmans
  • Sang along with the Boston Pops TV special all by myself in my house.
  • More Wimbleton...women's finals--the Williams' left it all on the court
  • Ran on the treadmill while watching Wimbleton. This made me feel better about life and that I could possibly attain the physical status of Serena Williams
  • Traveled to Spartanburg for Maisie Hickman's baptism. Lots of friends that are more like family
  • Saw, held, feed lots of babies - Will & Ellie, Ellie & Sam, Maisie, Shawn, Scott & Logan, Katie & Jack
  • Took in the tennis match of all tennis matches. Some are calling it epic. You possibly heard me yelling at the TV from your house. Roger Federer is still the best that ever played and is the most gracious athlete I have ever seen.
  • Spent as long as necessary studying scriptures and talking with God. Camped in Hosea and Hebrews.
Baseball, tennis, great food, old and new friends, lots of babies, shopping, reading, running. If every weekend could be this good....

Favorite thing today: this website is so fun! I'm not exactly sure what I will do with all of these, but I just downloaded a ton on my computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why dont you write books? You are a great writer!! ben and i enjoy reading your "rewards"!

kellybollman said...

SO EXCITED about the new font site

 
Designed by Lena