Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Backwards

How do you do this?

How in the world does a person remember back to this time last year? It feels like a lifetime ago. In some ways it was.

Oh, 2008. You were good, bad, boring, exciting, unexpected, challenging, exhausting and encouraging. You were the best yet, as I hope I can say about your contemporary 2009.

There is value in perspective, so with this thought in mind, here is a look back at the highlights in my little life.

Because it is not cliche at all to do these sort of list, and no one else has tackled these on their blogs. No. No one.

1. Best Book - Divine Mentor without a doubt changed my life. (Did I mention this list was not cliche?) No hyperbole here. Life changing. It is simple, nothing largely complex, but neither am I. Please give it a shot. Please read. And let me know what you think.

2. Best movie - I join the ranks of Wall-E fans. I was a skeptic at first, but to tell a story with little to no dialogue is genius. Pure genius.

3. Best experience - The Sunday round at The Masters will go down as one of the most memorable experiences of my life. It was a Ephesians 3:20 moment like none other.

4. Most unexpected moment - Best summed up here.

5. Best Music find - Brooke Fraser, without a doubt

6. Most surprising - The fact this blog even exists is pretty darn surprising to me. And the fact that I twitter. I never thought myself much of a twitterer.

7. Most precious - Natalie had her first child, Margaret. Mandy and Jenni added to their families. As did the Baxters, Parkers and I'm sure others I am leaving out right now. Your children all feel so much like family! It is so hard to believe they were born in 2008. In some ways, it feels like they have always been a part of our little friend family.

8. Best Truth - This verse revolutionized me. For the sake of Your name. For the sake of Your name.

9. Best of the Best - No contest. Thank you, Jesus!

And with this, adieu 2008!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your recap! I finally got a chance to look at the video from the "Beautiful" series-the clip about the crumbs. When I watched it, I thought about several people in my life who need to hear that specific, literal message. Then the other day I was struggling over something I want and was hit by how often I fight for crumbs!

 
Designed by Lena